Ohhhh its nearly that time of year again where our little monsters go out to Trick or Treat.
Here are some crafty ideas for that scary time of year
For the cupcakes
- 250 g unsalted butter softened
- 250 g golden caster sugar
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/ fan 150C/gas 3. Line muffin trays with 18 Cupcake papers.
2. Place all the cupcake ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat together, preferably with an electric mixer, until the mixture is pale and fluffy
3. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake papers and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes in the tin, before transferring to a wire rack.
4. To decorate: once cool, you can start decorating your cakes. Bring the apricot jam to simmer in a small pan. Using a pastry brush, brush the exposed cake with the jam.
5. To make a gravestone effect, take a walnut-sized piece of ready rolled white icing and add a few drops of natural black food colouring. Mix and knead until you get a marbled effect. Flatten slightly and place over the top of the cup cake. Top with chocolate letters.